Inspired but need help searching folder names containing spaces

Matthew Lear matt at bubblegen.co.uk
Thu Feb 26 23:50:16 PST 2015

> On 20 Feb 2015, at 18:01, Jani Nikula <jani at nikula.org> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 20 Feb 2015, Matthew Lear <matt at bubblegen.co.uk> wrote:
>> A couple of others things have surprised me, though. Using the date search
>> option, such as date:"today" or date:"yesterday", hasn't quite thrown up
>> what I expected. Searching with date:"today" shows up no results (which I
>> know is wrong) and searching with date:"yesterday" shows up a handful of
>> emails all from the same person, in different threads which all arrived on
>> a day in May 2014... Got to be a bug there somewhere :-D
>
> This is a known limitation in the date: prefix queries. You have to
> specify it as a range, for example date:today..today (from the beginning
> of today until the end of today). If the underlying Xapian search engine
> is not given a range expression (with the "..") it searches for the
> words "date today" without punctuation, matching whatever it matches,
> and notmuch does not even get an error for it.

Thanks. Explains everything. Any thoughts on searching on 'to' only? I'm not sure if this is also related to what Xapian needs to be provided with. If not, and if only searching in the to, cc and bcc fields of the header is possible, maybe we could consider adopting and integrating case sensitive syntax in notmuch such as TO:me rather than to:me..?
--  Matt