Negating searches in notmuch running via emacs?

Austin Clements aclements at csail.mit.edu
Tue Jan 6 18:48:00 PST 2015

Hi David.

In general, "-" will negate a query term.  However, Xapian's query
syntax (to which notmuch is beholden) ignores "-" at the beginning of
a query (and immediately after an open paren).  Hence, if you want to
negate the first term in a query, you'll have to use "not" instead.

Hope that helps.

Quoth David Creelman on Jan 06 at  8:46 am: