Negating searches in notmuch running via emacs?

David Creelman creelman.david at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 13:46:33 PST 2015

Hi Carl (et al),
Thanks for notmuch. It's making my email setup a bit more efficient. I used to be a filter to differnt
mbox kind of person, but I'm a changed man now !!

Just wondered, is it possible to negate a search in notmuch for emacs?

I have a bunch of stuff that is in my inbox that I don't want to see and have tried doing things like

	-googlealerts-noreply
	-from:googlealerts-noreply

But it looks like the '-' is ignored....

Is there a way of getting filtering? It looks like it's possible from the command line application (with -
and + on search terms).

Regards,
David