auto-choosing reply addresses in notmuch-emacs

Jameson Graef Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Fri Nov 14 12:52:24 PST 2014

Hi, folks.  I wonder if anyone knows of a way to tell the emacs client
to use different email addresses to respond to mail from different
sources.  So for instance, I would like to respond to mail to one
mailing list from one address, and to another mailing list from a
different address.  Ideally I would be able to set up some sort of
filter rules such that if the mail is from ".*@example.com" I would
respond with my me at example.com address, and if the mail is from
".*@example.org" I would respond with my jrollins at finestructure.net
address.

Does anyone already do anything like this?  I would how hard it would be
to setup built-in support for something like that.  Given that notmuch
generates replies, maybe we could add it to the notmuch cli somehow,
with some new config fields?

jamie.