emacs integration

Gauthier Östervall gauthier at ostervall.se
Fri May 23 07:02:16 PDT 2014

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 9:20 AM, David Edmondson <dme at dme.org> wrote:
> On Thu, May 22 2014, Gauthier Östervall wrote:
>> 1. First, I had a hard time to get the el files at all. I finally got
>> them from github.comb/chrisdone/notmuch.git.
>> Is this ok? Where should I get them otherwise?
>
> http://notmuchmail.org lists both http://notmuchmail.org/releases/ and
> git://notmuchmail.org/git/notmuch as sources of notmuch.
>
> The emacs UI is in emacs/ when you've grabbed the source.

I see, thank you. I am actually not interested in the source itself
for now, I only attempted to get the emacs integration to work.
I actually got notmuch via apt-get, and if I try to apt-get install
notmuch-emacs, it says I have it already.
So it seems I have notmuch-emacs installed, what I don't know is where
to point emacs to for it to find this installation.

Now emacs seems to have found them somehow. I had a system restart in
between, maybe that's what fixed it.
After examining my load-path, I saw that
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/notmuch was added there.
Who modified load-path, and how? I could see no environment variable
about notmuch, maybe everything under site-lisp/ is added to load-path
at each emacs start?