Github?

guyzmo guyzmo+notmuch at m0g.net
Thu May 8 14:21:00 PDT 2014

On Thu, May 08, 2014 at 10:30:19PM +0200, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> On Thu, May 08, 2014 at 01:14:51PM -0700, Wael M. Nasreddine wrote:
> > On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 12:54 PM, Wael Nasreddine
> > <wael.nasreddine at gmail.com>wrote:
[...]
> > Can you guys at least consider splitting contrib/ and bindings/ into their
> > own repo? It will make it easier for people to use the go bindings (for
> > example) or to include the vim plugin as a submodule (or Vundle bundle).
>
> What is the problem if contrib and bindings are part of the main repo?
> In fact I would argue it is undesirable to split them.  If there are
> major changes in libnotmuch, or the cli, it is much easier to make the
> corresponding changes in bindings to keep everything working.  If there
> is a separate repo, communicating this dependency, although not
> impossible, is difficult.  I would also like to point out almost all
> FOSS projects I follow, or contribute to practises this.

    do you know about git submodules? It's actually there to be  able to
track changes on remote repositories  that  are  closely  related, while
keeping a sane separation.

N.B.: the downside of something like notmuch, it's that it's making it a
pleasure again to write and check mails, and thus it's easy  to  ends up
discussing trivialities that can end up in endless trolls.

my 2 cts as well,

--
Guyzmo