Github?

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Thu May 8 13:23:17 PDT 2014

Wael M. Nasreddine wrote:
> Can you guys at least consider splitting contrib/ and bindings/ into
> their own repo?

It don't think that's such a good idea. One of the reasons Notmuch and
other projects like the Linux kernel have everything under one tree is
that changes in the API can be done across the board.

Sure, nowadays Notmuch has much more stable API, so that might not be
such a big deal, but changes in the API do still happen, and they do,
it's important to keep all the bindings aligned.

Maybe splitting 'contrib/' wouldn't be such a bad idea, if we mentioned
these tools in the web site, as a way of propoting them.

> It will make it easier for people to use the go bindings (for
> example) or to include the vim plugin as a submodule (or Vundle bundle).

I'm not sure about the Go bindings, but as a user of the Ruby bindings,
I find it easier for Notmuch to distribute them.

As for the vim plugin, it can already be used as a bundle:

https://github.com/felipec/notmuch-vim-ruby

--
Felipe Contreras