Github?

Eric eric at deptj.eu
Thu May 8 01:40:45 PDT 2014

On Thu, 08 May 2014 09:13:56 +0200, Jani Nikula <jani at nikula.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 08 May 2014, Wael Nasreddine <wael.nasreddine at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thank you so much for creating Notmuch, I am coming from sup and I was
>> looking for a more stable alternative and I think I found what I am looking
>> for :)
>
> Great, thanks for your interest in notmuch!
>
>> I was a bit disappointed that the project is not living (or at least
>> mirrored) to Github, it would have made my search much easier.

Meaning that you start with the idea that everything should be in
Github???

>> Any thoughts on moving to Github?
>
> http://mid.gmane.org/87wqea7c37.fsf@nikula.org

Exactly!

>> I took the liberty of making the first move by
>> creating https://github.com/notmuch and splitting the contrib/ and binding/
>> into their own repository (conserving all their history).
>
> I am concerned people will mistake that for the official notmuch
> repository.

Me too! I am just a (happy) user here, but I do know that the sort
of confusion that might arise can work against acceptance of a piece
of software. I think that doing this without waiting for feedback,
especially from the people who do most of the work on notmuch, is
somewhat high-handed.

Eric
--
ms fnd in a lbry