notmuch, OpenBSD issues

David Mazieres dm-list-email-notmuch at scs.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 17 17:07:34 PDT 2014

David Bremner <david at tethera.net> writes:

> Allan Streib <astreib at indiana.edu> writes:
>
>> I've been using notmuch on OpenBSD for a while, and I really appreciate
>> the project.

Since there is a thread on this...

I'm using notmuch 0.17 on openbsd (from the ports tree).  My problem is
that notmuch new is just unbearably slow.  I don't know if it's because
I'm running the 32-bit (i386) mode or what, but it takes over one second
per mail message.  E.g., this is typical of what I see when checking for
new mail:

        Processed 18 total files in 20s (0 files/sec.).
        Added 5 new messages to the database.

Linux is 10 times faster.  Have you seen any similar performance issues?

David