alot: can't read sent emails, after encryption

Patrick Totzke patricktotzke at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 10:57:54 PST 2013

Quoting Jameson Graef Rollins (2013-11-16 21:47:02)
> On Tue, Nov 12 2013, apmanine at idaaas.com wrote:
> > I have recently switched to notmuch. Thank you for it!
> > I'm using "alot" as a frontend (thank you for it, too!). Everything
> > works smoothly, apart from one problem: with alot, I can't figure out how
> > to read encrypted emails I previously sent: they appear to be encrypted
> > using the addressee's key.
> >
> > Is there some way to store encrypted sent emails with my own public gpg
> > key?
>
> What you really want is to tell gpg to always encrypt messages to your
> personal key as well, which will always make them viewable by you.  This
> way you don't have to worry about saving unencrypted versions of the
> message to disk, or there being two distinct versions of the message
> (one encrypted to the recipient and a different one encrypted to you).
>
> See the "encrypt-to" gpg option [0].
>
> jamie.
>
> [0] http://www.gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gnupg-devel/GPG-Key-related-Options.html

Is this how notmuch emacs does it? I mean, is there some option to tell
emacs to always call gpg with --encrypt-to=me ?
I wonder if I need to change alot in any way or if one can simply globally configure
gnupg.. alot does not call the gpg binary but uses pygpgme.
cheers,
/p