Emacs: how to remove "unread" tag while reading emails

Jonas Hörsch coroa at online.de
Fri Oct 4 03:51:06 PDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 18 2013, Gregor Zattler wrote:

> This seems strange to me.  I would say the unread tag should be
> removed when leaving the message with the last press on space
> bar, indicating that one really paged trough the whole message
> instead of only seeing the very beginning of it.
>
> What’s the rationale to this behaviour?  Am I missing something?

oftentimes, i start reading my mails from a search on the unread tag and
just quickly enter a message with RET and leave it again pressing
q. with the above suggestion the message would stay marked as unread,
although i saw it.

extra commands like S-SPC and S-a, to bury the buffer after skimming
through the last message in the open thread would remedy the situation
then, though.