encoding when forwarding messages

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Tue Aug 27 04:21:14 PDT 2013

Eric Abrahamsen <eric at ericabrahamsen.net> writes:

> I saw another message about the same problem on this list, in January,
> with the advice to upgrade to git, but I'm still seeing it on notmuch
> 0.16+7~gdc51bf0. Forwarding a message from within emacs using
> `notmuch-mua-forward-message' sometimes produces garbled encoding.
> Calling `notmuch-show-forward-message' on the same message, however,
> creates what appears to be a raw message, properly encoded.
>
> Is there something still amiss in the code? Am I using the wrong
> command?

Do you really mean notmuch-mua-forward-message? That function is not
interactive, which would make it more work to call.

In any case, notmuch-show-forward-message does take some care to read
the message in raw mode (via with-current-notmuch-show-message); when
you call notmuch-mua*forward-message, how are you filling the buffer?