Possible addtions to notmuch new ?

Adam Wolfe Gordon awg+notmuch at xvx.ca
Mon Aug 12 08:53:31 PDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 3:34 AM, Vladimir Marek
<Vladimir.Marek at oracle.com> wrote:
> [dir] would limit the scope of 'notmuch' new search to dir and it's
> subdirectories. Alternatively we could have set of include or exclude
> rules similarly to rsync (for example), but [dir] is easier to
> implement.

I sent a series recently that added a command to essentially run
'notmuch new' on a single message file. One reviewer suggested that I
make it an option to notmuch new rather than its own command, which I
think is is a good idea.

When I have some time to get back to that patch series, I'll make the
change as suggested. I think it makes sense to let it take either a
subdirectory or a single file, which would make it work for this part
of your usecase.

-- Adam