[alot] announcing v0.3.5

Patrick Totzke patricktotzke at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 08:14:07 PDT 2013

Quoting Ruben Pollan (2013-07-19 16:01:06)
> Quoting Patrick Totzke (2013-07-19 16:02:34)
> > Hi Rubén,
> >
> > thanks for mentioning this. I must have accidentally dropped the corresponding paragraph
> > in the docs (http://alot.readthedocs.org/en/testing/usage/index.html#cryptography).
> > I'm almost certain I saw this documented a while back..
> >
> > Basically, you need a running gpg-agent. Then, decryption of mails should happen
> > automatically once you open a thread. The same holds for signature verification
> > (the status of which will be mentioned in a pseudo-header).
> > This holds for mails that comply PGP/MIME only. "ASCII-armored" text in plaintext parts
> > is not dealt with.
> >
> > If this does not work, you've found a bug that you should kindly report :)
>
> Sadly that is not what I see. I'm trying to read an email that mutt reports as
> PGP/MIME but the content appear blank.

Is is possible that this mail's body is ctype 'text/html' and you haven't set up
your mailcap for html (as in FAQ #5 or issue #622)?

> I guess I have gpg-agent properly
> working, because when I send a signed email I get a 'window' asking me for my
> passphrase and it signs it. But it don't asks for the password when I try to
> read an encrypted email.

Yes, it seems you have set up gpg-agent correctly then.

> Do I need any special configuration on gpg-agent for it?

Not that I know of.

BTW: why did you not notice this earlier in the 'testing' branch? :P

I cannot think of anything else atm, sorry. Maybe Justus has an Idea?
Could you open an issue about this with some more details about the mail and your setup?
thx,
/p