[alot] announcing v0.3.5

Patrick Totzke patricktotzke at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 02:21:24 PDT 2013

Hi everyone!

I have just tagged alot v0.3.5; You can get a tarball here [0].

Most notably, this update comes with a rewrite of Thread buffers,
allowing among other things thread-tree based focus movements.
Alot now has full support for PGP/MIME encryption and signatures,
courtesy of Justus (teythoon). Apart from this, the new release comes with the
usual ton of fixes contributed by various people (see below).

I enabled the project wiki on github, so that people too shy to come forward
with pull requests for alot/extra/ can share their customizations,
in particular python-hooks [2].

Usage updates since v0.3.4:
* full support for PGP/MIME [de|en]cryption and signatures
* add missing "unattach" command in envelope buffer
* honour 'Mail-Followup-To' header and set if for selected mailinglists
* better handling of replies to self-sent messages
* make auto_remove_unread configurable
* rewrite thread buffer
* improved global move commands: first/last line, half-page up/down
* tree-based movement in threads (first/last reply, next/previous unfolded/sibling, parent)
* fold/unfold messages based on query string in thread mode
* respect mailcap commands that expect stdin
* Support different libmagic APIs
* new hooks called before/aftr buffer open/close/focus
* new global repeat command

Thanks goes to those who contributed:
$ git shortlog -s -n 0.3.2...|tail -n +2
    11  Justus Winter
    10  Sebastian Jeltsch
     6  josch
     4  Hamish Downer
     4  Yann Rouillard
     3  Lukas Zapletal
     2  Christopher Schwardt
     1  Benjamin
     1  Caio Prado
     1  Siim Põder
     1  bjoernb
     1  jakeogh

.. and everyone who send feedback!

As always, don't hesitate to file bug reports, feature or pull requests via the
projects github page [1].

Cheers,
/p

[0]: https://github.com/pazz/alot/tarball/0.3.5