Aliases in notmuch queries

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 05:28:43 PDT 2013

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to have email/name aliases of some
kind when performing notmuch queries.

I work in a very international environment.  It is quite common for
people with complicated names to go by simpler nicknames (e.g. Greek,
Russian, Chinese names).

Often when searching for messages from these collaborators, I realise I
cannot recall their real names (or cannot spell it correctly).  It would
be great if notmuch had a facility to map nicknames to real names;
something like what git does with .mailmap.

Does something like this exist?  If not, is it feasible?  I think it
would be a great addition.

Thanks,

--
Suvayu