bower (git) to show Inbox (folder)

Peter Wang novalazy at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 21:17:26 PDT 2013

On Sun, 30 Jun 2013 15:52:33 +0200, Marius <wishinet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Today I ditched mutt(-kz) in favour of a notmuch/isync setup. I
> compiled bower, because it's able to use a remote notmuch instance.
> My issue is a follows: I start bower, and I see an unsorted selection
> of mails (300 newest).
> How can I navigate by folders/tags?
>
> - A search like folder:Inbox shows 0 mails. Also I disable the limit
> of 300 mails... with no effect on the search. Could someone enlighten
> me on the usability here a little?

Hi,

folder:Inbox would search for messages in a sub-directory 'Inbox' under
your Maildir directory.  You could search for 'tag:inbox' if new
messages are tagged as such by the new.tags configuration option.
However, bower doesn't have a quick way to remove the 'inbox' tag,
though it could be added easily enough.

I normally leave bower open on the last few days' mail, and only change
the search query if I'm looking for something in particular.  I use
folders and tags sparingly.

Peter