The Python bindings are now back on PyPI

Justus Winter 4winter at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Mon May 27 02:31:31 PDT 2013

Hi :)

Quoting Julian Berman (2013-05-26 16:27:31)
> I've queried gently to find out if anyone was interested in putting the Python
> bindings back on PyPI a few times in IRC before, and didn't really see much
> interest one way or the other. I saw a mailing list post that seemed
> indifferent, though it brought up that version mismatches would cause runtime
> errors,which I think is OK, it's still useful to be able to install the
> corresponding version (e.g. homebrew on OSX currently packages notmuch 0.14 but
> does not by default install the bindings, which is good for me, because I only
> want them installed in a virtualenv, so I'd like to be able to `pip install
> notmuch==0.14).
>

> So I took the liberty of re-uploading them. They're here: https://
> pypi.python.org/pypi/notmuch

There are two links to documentation, one in the paragraph above
"Requirements", one in the list below the download box. The first link
is correct, http://pythonhosted.org/notmuch/ is severely outdated
(0.9rc1). Dunno who put the docs there (autogenerated from pypi
packages?).

Justus