Xapers

Jameson Graef Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Tue Apr 16 02:14:19 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 16 2013, "Rainer M. Krug" <Rainer at krugs.de> wrote:
> It would be quite important to be able to do something along the lines
> of
>
>   xapers import --bib=TheBibtexFile.bib

Hi, Rainer:

Xapers does currently do something similar to this.  The following takes
the first bibtex entry from bibtex.bib and creates a new Xapers
document:

  xapers add --source=bibtex.bib

However, I suspect you're looking for a way to import a full bibtex
database with multiple entries, and create a new Xapers document for
each.  This shouldn't be difficult to implement.  Particularly if there
is a standard bibtex field for specifying associated file paths.
Patrick mentioned that jabref uses something, so maybe I can start with
that.

> Is there a mailing list or place where you anounce new versions?

It does look like there might be a need.  I'll look into putting
something together.

In the mean time I'm hanging out on #xapers on irc.freenode.net.

jamie.