Integrating notmuch with gnus?

Istvan Marko notmuch at kismala.com
Mon Apr 8 11:25:48 PDT 2013

"Rainer M. Krug" <Rainer at krugs.de> writes:

> Istvan Marko <notmuch at kismala.com> writes:
>> nnir (gnus search backend) supports notmuch out of the box. If I
>> remember right all you have to do is:
>>
>> (setq nnir-search-engine 'notmuch)
>>
>> Or customize nnir-method-default-engines.
> <#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>
>
> Hm - I tried it out, but G G gives an error message:
>
>   Search produced empty results.
>   gnus-group-read-ephemeral-group: Couldn't request group: Search produced
>   empty results.

I think it might be sensitive to which group your cursor is on when you
hit G G. And nnir-search-engine might only work as a server method
variable. The top of nnir.el has some docs and examples. The notmuch
search method itself shouldn't need any special configuration (other
than having notmuch itself working).

--
	Istvan