Updated mutt wikipage, new addressbook script: notmuch-abook

Guyzmo guyzmo+notmuch at m0g.net
Fri Mar 22 08:21:49 PDT 2013

Hello world,

    I'm  using  notmuch  and  mutt-kz  flawlessly  for   over   a  year,
and I'm really  happy  with  them,  so  thank  you  guys  for  providing
such great tools!

So I updated the notmuchmail.org wikipage about mutt:

    http://notmuchmail.org/notmuch-mutt/

    I also wanted to enable completion from within  vim,  so  I extended
the mutt_addresses.py script, so  it  creates  and  updates  a  cache of
addresses in a sqlite3 database. It is available on pypi, so you can use
it as a standalone CLI application:

    https://github.com/guyzmo/notmuch-abook/

    About that one,  I  made  the  choice  to  use  sqlite3  as backend,
because it was an easy way to create fast  queries  of  addresses, but I
was wondering if it  would  not  be  more  intelligent  to integrate the
addresses indexing in the xapian database directly?

    And finally, I have tried to compile  the  vala-notmuch addressbook,
but  the  compilation  is  failing  because  of  some   change   in  the
database_open call, and I don't have much time to understand  Vala's API
mappings to C. But I've been told it  is  lightning  fast  when querying
notmuch directly.

    Has  anyone  patched  that  code,  and  still  use  it  with  latest
notmuch? I'd give  it  a  try  to  replace  my  sqlite3  backend  in the
script.

Cheers,

--
Guyzmo