[Patch v2 09/17] tag-util.[ch]: New files for common tagging routines

Austin Clements amdragon at MIT.EDU
Fri Nov 30 20:30:00 PST 2012

Quoth David Bremner on Nov 29 at  8:17 pm:
> Mark Walters <markwalters1009 at gmail.com> writes:
> > I don't know how freeze/thaw work but does it matter that you don't thaw
> > when there is an error?
>
> My interpretation is that by not thawing before we destroy the message,
> we are aborting the transaction, since the freeze/thaw information is
> stored in the message structure. It is documented as forbidden to call
> thaw _more_ times than freeze, but less is not explicitely mentioned.

Yes, this should work.  It smells a little hacky and I couldn't say if
it was an intended use of the API, but it should work.  Perhaps we
should document it.