images as attachment?

Jameson Graef Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Sun Oct 14 16:09:46 PDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 01 2012, David Belohrad <david at belohrad.ch> wrote:
> could someone throw an advice? When I receive an email with picture
> attachment, sometimes it works out of the box in emacs, but sometimes
> instead of picture it shows a link as this one:
>
> ---------- SNIP ------------
>
>     I have not tried to understand why we're measuring too high bunch intensity so if you have any ideas please try it out let me know what to do.
>
>    [cid:image001.png at 01CD9F29.128BA6B0]
>
>  We can discuss tomorrow tomorrow if you want
>
> ---------- SNIP ------------
>
> The issue is, that when I click the link,
>
> a) it opens new empty emacs buffer with no picture in it
> b) the hyperlink (when pointing mouse on it) does not highlight the
> initial 'c' letter (so the hyperlink is only
> 'id:image001.png at 01CD9F29.128BA6B0]')

Notmuch show automatically interprets strings of the form "id:..."  as a
notmuch message id and buttonizes the strings so that clicking on them
will open up buffer with the corresponding message.  I bet notmuch is
interpreting "[cid:.." as "id:.." and sending you to a new search buffer
for "id:image001.png at 01CD9F29.128BA6B0]".

jamie.