[announce] Bower 0.4

David Froger david.froger at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 08:53:43 PDT 2012

> Basically, run an arbitrary command when a key is pressed.  It would
> be fairly easy to add, but I wonder if it would be easy to stop adding
> more :-)  You could bind a shortcut key to your window manager or
> desktop environment that runs the command instead.
Yes of course, it's a lot simpler, why didn't I think to it...

> > 2. I've notice that errors could happend if I modify tags from bower while my
> > bash script is also modifiny tags of the incoming emails. Do you see any
> > solution?
>
> The asynchronous tagging will retry after 5 seconds.  The notmuch error
> message will show and mess up your screen (press ^L), which I would like
> to fix somehow.  Ultimately, I think notmuch should handle this more
> gracefully.
Ok! Two times, this had made notmuch bug for me: notmuch displayed a message like "welcome to a new
version of notmuch", and then retagged all my emails, deleting old tags.
(now, I dump my tags every day, and I avoid to use bower while notmuch is running).

> > 3. Would it be possible to have the feature 'kill a thread' like Sup have? (see
> > http://sup.rubyforge.org/README.txt).
>
> I haven't needed such a feature so I don't have a clear idea how it
> should work.  There are some patches/ideas about muting threads using
> notmuch generally around here.  I guess the simplest thing to do is hide
> a thread if it has a certain tag, e.g. "muted" as suggested by notmuch
> TODO file, unless you search for it explicitly.
I  like this  solution,  I will  use it (adding 'and not tag:mutted' at the end of my search).
When  I'm not  interessed with  a long discussion on a mailling list,  I like to  be able to 'kill'
the thread so it does not reappear with every new mail.

> > 4. postponed message doesn't work for me. When I postpone a message, it says
> > 'message postponed', but when pressing R from Index view, it says 'No postponed
> > message'. Maybe I need to create a directory to store postponed messages?
>
> The postponed message should be in Maildir/Drafts.  Can you see it with
> `notmuch search tag:draft'?
No, `notmuch search tag:draft` returns 0.

> > 5. When attaching a file, would it be possible to have '~' expanded to the $HOME directory?
>
> Sure.
Thanks!

> > 6. In the index view, having the possiblity to scroll right and left (so one can
> > see the email tags in the line in too long)?
>
> I'm not sure that's a great solution.  Maybe have a key that popups up
> an info box, which would have enough room to show the whole subject
> line, the list of authors and the tags?
Yes, that would be perfect.

> > 7. less important, having light colors for white console?
>
> Maybe :-)
>
> Peter

Thanks for you support!
David