notmuch with the bbdb

Daniel Reusche danielr at physik.tu-berlin.de
Tue Jul 3 13:44:59 PDT 2012

heyho.
in the documentation it said, bbdb would work really well with message
mode. my problem now is, that it is stated nowhere how to feed the
database of notmuch to the bbdb initially.
is there a way to export all the mail addresses in the maildirs to
plaintext files?
bbdb-snarf gives a pretty good address scraper for plaintext files or
emacs buffers, but as far as I could see it there is no way to just show
all the senders' addresses.

does anyone know how to solve this discrepancy?

apart from that, notmuch might be just the right solution for me.

best,
dan