Notmuch Pick

Mark Walters markwalters1009 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 23:27:46 PDT 2012

Hi

Since I have had various requests for notmuch pick
(id:"1329096015-8078-2-git-send-email-markwalters1009 at gmail.com") so I
have started a git repository at
git://github.com/markwalters1009/notmuch.git

The branch pick-6 is the current version. My intention is to start a new
branch each time I rebase on to current master but this may change. (I
suggest that people do not rely on a consistent history for this repository)

My intention is to try and get pick into mainline: there is a current
series id:"1339842107-10632-1-git-send-email-markwalters1009 at gmail.com"
(allowing notmuch show --format=json to return non-entire threads). This
is the first chunk of the pick set.

After that series there are some small emacs changes (primarily entry
points to pick), some small changes (25 lines of diff) to the core C code,
and the notmuch-pick.el file itself.

The plan is to put a stub notmuch-pick.el file into the main notmuch
repository and keep the real notmuch-pick.el in contrib until it becomes
good enough to be acceptable in mainline.

Patches, comments, reviews etc are all gratefully received!

USE OF PICK

This is just a quick introduction to the commands for pick: the two main
entry points are 'z' to start a notmuch pick "search", and 'Z' to
display the current search or "show" in pick form. Once in pick mode
RET displays the message in a split-pane window or M-RET opens it in a
new full-window buffer. Once in pick-mode '?' should document all the
available commands.

Best wishes

Mark