incrontab?

David Belohrad david at belohrad.ch
Sun Apr 15 14:39:08 PDT 2012

Hi Adam,

interestingly, your 'G' short-cut hint works out of the box! What
happens is, that when one presses 'G', this invokes
notmuch-hello-poll-and-update. This function calls 'notmuch-poll',
which does exactly what I want. I.e. it runs 'notmuch new' if no polling
script is specified. In my case however this invokes 'remote-notmuch
new' which asks notmuch installed at the server to tag new
emails. Lovely. (footnote: It suits me excellently because I'm not
seeking for 'mail push' service and rather read my emails whenever I
decide to do and not whenever an email arrives - this is why I consider
not calling notmuch-poll before every invocation of (notmuch) not as a
bug, but just minor annoyance which can be tweaked away if desired)

There is just one slightly weird thing. This is when 'notmuch' is
opened, the focus goes directly to search button instead of 'inbox'
messages (or something else), which is imho more interesting than going into search. Because
at first what one wants to do is to look into new emails. Another
disadvantage of going directly into search box is, that all shortcuts
get inhibited. Is there any way how to set default focus to something
else?

thanks a lot

david