incrontab?

Jani Nikula jani at nikula.org
Thu Apr 12 13:53:13 PDT 2012

Adam Wolfe Gordon <awg+notmuch at xvx.ca> writes:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 02:25, David Belohrad <david at belohrad.ch> wrote:
>> I have reverted back to crontab to issue 'notmuch new' every 5
>> minutes. And frankly speaking, I'm rather thinking to run this command
>> from emacs directly everytime I either start notmuch, or refresh view
>> using '=' on notmuch-hello buffer.
>
> You could probably do this with notmuch-hello-refresh-hook, but it
> will be a bit tricky: the hook is executed after the notmuch-hello
> buffer is refreshed, so you'd have to have it refresh after notmuch
> new completes, without running the hook infinitely.

There's notmuch-hello-poll-and-update, bound to 'G' in hello, which runs
notmuch-poll-script (customizable; "notmuch new" by default). See the
help for those for details.

If you want '=' to always do "notmuch new", the easiest way is to rebind
it to notmuch-hello-poll-and-update. (But perhaps 'G' is enough?)

HTH,
Jani.