idea - (dream?) - tagging based on gmail folders - offlineimap, notmuch or both together?

Rainer M Krug R.M.Krug at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 01:05:16 PDT 2012

On 11/04/12 23:23, Alex Botero-Lowry wrote:
> I've implemented a bi-directional notmuch/gmail sync.

Nice.

> It does a full sync fine, but doesn't do partial syncs at all, and it's too slow to run a full
> sync over and over again. I've started working on it again

That's a pity.

> recently, trying to speed up the full sync process by adding multiprocessing.

I guess that is an option. But how is offlineimap actually doing the syncing? It is reasonabley
fast. If one could either link notmuch with offlineimap to translate the folders directly into
tags, it could be reasonably fast?

> The source is at http://alexbl.net/~alexbl/imapsync.py (older version but the logic itself
> hasn't changed), if you're interested in working on it.

Unfortunately no experience at all with python and mail clients / servers / ... sorry.

But if you are looking for alpha / beta testers, please let me know.

Cheers,

Rainer