Passwordless multi-account SMTP

Patrick Totzke patricktotzke at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 3 08:41:13 PDT 2012

Hi Jacek,

I am using msmtp for this: I keep my passwords in an encrypted
file and use a shellscript to decrypt and grep for passwords
in combination with msmtp's `passwordeval` option.
Have a look at

https://github.com/pazz/configs/blob/master/.msmtprc
https://github.com/pazz/scripts/blob/master/getpwd

I have a similar setup for offlineimap (configs also on github).
All this works quite nicely together with my ssh-agent (gnome-keyring-daemon)
which unlocks my gnupg keys upon login.
HTH,
/p

Quoting Jacek Generowicz (2012-04-03 16:29:07)