[RFC] Split notmuch_database_close into two functions

Tomi Ollila tomi.ollila at iki.fi
Sat Mar 24 02:07:22 PDT 2012

Justus Winter <4winter at informatik.uni-hamburg.de> writes:

> I propose to split the function notmuch_database_close into
> notmuch_database_close and notmuch_database_destroy so that long
> running processes like alot can close the database while still using
> data obtained from queries to that database.
>
> I've updated the tools, the go, ruby and python bindings to use
> notmuch_database_destroy instead of notmuch_database_close to destroy
> database objects.

This looks like a good idea. grep _destroy *.c outputs plenty of
other matches so this is not a new term here. I wonder what (backward)
compability issues there are, though.

In message id:"1332291311-28954-2-git-send-email-4winter at informatik.uni-hamburg.de"
there was typo in comment: notmuch_database_destroyed ?

> Cheers,
> Justus

Tomi