Patches for 0.12

Austin Clements amdragon at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 14 15:16:01 PDT 2012

Quoth David Bremner on Mar 10 at 10:09 am:

> As usual, nothing brings out the bug reports like a freeze.
>
> There are some patches that should probably go in, but could use one
> more pair of eyes.
>
>   id:"1330849538-24558-1-git-send-email-jani at nikula.org"

I looked at this and just sent a question to Jani
  id:"87k42momyi.fsf at awakening.csail.mit.edu"
If the answer is that it's okay, then consider my eyes one more pair.

> We had a somewhat lively debate about desirablity of the following
> patch. My decision is that for now, we avoid changing the behaviour of
> notmuch, and do apply the patch. We can discuss later deprecating or
> changing this permissive behaviour.
>
>    id:"1331385931-1610-1-git-send-email-david at tethera.net"

Alternatively, can we just require GMime 2.6.7 by applying
  id:"1331515786-485-1-git-send-email-david at tethera.net"
instead of
  id:"1331385931-1610-1-git-send-email-david at tethera.net"
and
  id:"1329852935-3019-1-git-send-email-schnouki at schnouki.net"
?

> This patch from Austin seems innocent enough, and I plan to push it to
> release.
>
>    id:"1331058417-13776-1-git-send-email-amdragon at mit.edu"

The worst-case scenario with applying this patch is that notmuch will
verbosely fail to show a message where it would otherwise crash, so
I'd go for it.

> I'm not sure about including
>
>   id:"1329852935-3019-1-git-send-email-schnouki at schnouki.net"
>
> it wouldn't really help debian (as the unstable buildds already have
> 2.6.6), but I guess it might help others building debian packages.

(See my comment about 2.6.7 above.)

> Although
>
>     id:"1331225101-24385-1-git-send-email-jrollins at finestructure.net"
>
> is marked as trivial and is certainly short, I'd like one more pair of
> eyes before pushing to release.

I approve this patch.