Replacing my name/email with "me" (or similar) in author lists

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Sun Feb 26 08:51:49 PST 2012

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 17:41:04 +0100, Daniel Schoepe <daniel at schoepe.org> wrote:

> At least it should not be done in the library, because it'd need to read
> the user's addresses from configuration file which the library is not
> supposed to access, as far as I understand.

One can work around this by passing in the relevant configuration data,
but then it isn't clear how much of a win it is in code complexity.

I have sometimes wondered about having another library layer making some
of the current CLI functionality accessible to bindings. I'm not really
sure of the pro's and con's of such approach. It would certainly be
overkill for this one feature.