plans for 0.12

Mark Walters markwalters1009 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 00:11:32 PST 2012

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 10:27:02 -0400, David Bremner <david at tethera.net> wrote:

> I would like to start a freeze (i.e. merge master to release) for 0.12
> within the next week, say March 1 for an easy to remember date.
>
> If you have suggestions for things that "should really go in", feel free
> to follow up. The main point here is bug fixes, or features which are
> there in a kindof half baked way.
>
> Bug fix wise, I know about
>
>   id:"1330068983-4483-1-git-send-email-sojkam1 at fel.cvut.cz"
>
> This could use some review.
>
> It has also been some chatter that either (the next iteration of)
>
>    id:"1329296619-7463-1-git-send-email-markwalters1009 at gmail.com"
>
> Should go in, or we should revert amdragon's exclude stuff.
>
> I don't have strong feelings either way, except it is somewhat late in
> the day for a large(ish) and complicated series.

I agree it is a largish patch set: I think I would err against including
it for 0.12 as it has not had a lot of testing (I think only by me). It
would also allow people to work out what they wanted emacs to do with
the exclude flag. (The notmuch-show.el patch 12/13 needs simple rebasing
which I have done but not posted yet.)

A temporary revert might be reasonable: alternatively we could just turn
off the automatic addition of the exclude tags (deleted and spam) to the
config file in notmuch-config so only users who ask for it get it on
this release.

If it is not reverted then I think patches 1-3 of the latest series
id:"1330157204-26094-1-git-send-email-markwalters1009 at gmail.com"
might be worth including. They just add the --no-exclude option to
notmuch-count and notmuch-search and are simple (it's one "code" patch,
one "man" patch and some tests).

I guess my favoured option would just be to disable the automatic
addition of exclude tags (ideally with patches 1-3 above, but that is
not important).

Best wishes

Mark