Searching through different charsets

Serge Z triumhiz at yandex.ru
Wed Feb 22 09:10:41 PST 2012

Hello!

I've got the following problem: fetched emails can be in different encodings.
And searching a term typed in one encoding (system default) does not match the
same term in another encoding.

The solution, as I see, can be in preprocessing each incoming email to
"normalize" it and its encoding so that indexer will handle emails in system
encoding only. Could you please suggest something?

Another issue (not so much wanted but wanted too) is searching through html
messages without matching html tags.

This problem looks to be solvable by properly configured run-mailcap. Is there
such solution anywhere?

Thanks.