tach.el: an attachment interface for message mode.

Jesse Rosenthal jrosenthal at jhu.edu
Fri Jan 20 14:54:17 PST 2012

Hi Xavier,

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 23:43:01 +0100, Xavier Maillard <xavier at maillard.im> wrote:

> I like it.
Thanks for giving it a try.

> Simple but at first it is not easy to understand what to do with that
> window. Also, there is no way to toggle the window visibility. But for a
> first shot, it is a good shot :D

There could be a prompt in the minibuffer, I suppose, or the blank
second window could have a prompt in it as well.  And it would actually
be easy enough to add that toggle, since the window is really just a
different sort of view on a numerical list at the bottom of the
page. I'll give it a shot soon.

> I tried it by adding tach.el to myself. When sending the message, I have
> been asked whether I'd like to update copyright date and change licence
> to GPL3, huh ? Is this something specific to how tach.el works ?

I actually have no idea what this could come from. The date is a couple
of years back, and the license is GPL2+. I'm not sure why it would
prompt you to change that. Ever come across this before?

Best,
Jesse