tach.el: an attachment interface for message mode.

Xavier Maillard xavier at maillard.im
Fri Jan 20 14:43:01 PST 2012

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 12:04:49 -0500, Jesse Rosenthal <jrosenthal at jhu.edu> wrote:

[ ... ]

> Thus: tach.el. Tach is a minor mode that adds mutt-like attachment
> handling to message mode. It's not notmuch specific, but I wrote it to
> use with notmuch, and I thought it might be of use to some on the
> list.

I like it.

> Now when you type "C-c C-a" in message-mode, you should get a new window
> with an attachment list. In that window, you can add and delete
> attachments using `+' and `-', and scroll through them using the arrow
> keys or the emacs direction commands.

Simple but at first it is not easy to understand what to do with that
window. Also, there is no way to toggle the window visibility. But for a
first shot, it is a good shot :D

I tried it by adding tach.el to myself. When sending the message, I have
been asked whether I'd like to update copyright date and change licence
to GPL3, huh ? Is this something specific to how tach.el works ?

/Xavier