RFC: tag macros

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Wed Jan 18 11:03:52 PST 2012

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 13:33:04 -0500, Austin Clements <amdragon at MIT.EDU> wrote:
> Quoth David Bremner on Jan 18 at 10:45 am:

> What about simply providing an API that takes a bunch of tag
> operations and applies them to the current thread/message/region?

My main motivation here is (as you can probably see from the example)
dealing with patches, and in that setting, tagging the whole thread is
is almost never what you want.

That aside, thread tagging is already there in search view, and I guess
could be done by selecting the whole thread and tagging that region.

I haven't really looked at how to apply tags to regions in
notmuch-show-mode. Is there code around that does that? Or more
generally iterate over messages in a region?