[RFC] vim plugin rewrite II

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Sat Jan 14 18:15:07 PST 2012

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 08:54:43 +0100, anton at khirnov.net wrote:

> The advantages over current vim client are still the following:
> * sending and displaying/saving attachments
> * much better unicode support
> * tag name and search commands completion
> * proper representation of the thread structure
> * easier to extend thanks to python's massive standard library
>
> Please comment.

Hi Anton;

I'm not a vim user, so I probably can't say anything very helpful, but
it does sound like some nice improvements.  Hopefully one of our vim
front-end users can comment a bit more.  One thing I wondered about is
if your version is still completely synchronous, with the resulting
problems dealing with large (say, more than 10000 messages) search
results?

All the best,

David