[RFC] vim plugin rewrite II

anton at khirnov.net anton at khirnov.net
Fri Jan 13 23:54:43 PST 2012

Hi,
this is a followup to my mail from spring where i presented a partial
rewrite of the vim plugin using python. There weren't many comments back
then, so I hope there will be more now.

I've changed the filenames so my version now coexists with the current
vim plugin. You can find it in

git://git.khirnov.net/git/notmuch

branch vim. Simply copy vim/plugin/{nm_vim.py,notmuch-vimpy.vim} to the
vim plugins dir and vim/syntax/{nm_vimpy*} to the vim syntax dir and run
:NMVimpy() in vim. You'll need vim with python support and
python-notmuch bindings.

The advantages over current vim client are still the following:
* sending and displaying/saving attachments
* much better unicode support
* tag name and search commands completion
* proper representation of the thread structure
* easier to extend thanks to python's massive standard library

Please comment.

--
Anton Khirnov