Emacs: Crypto: How to get automatic encryption?

Jameson Graef Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Thu Jan 12 11:28:57 PST 2012

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 20:05:14 +0100, Gregor Zattler <telegraph at gmx.net> wrote:
> But how about not only replying encrypted but encrypting every
> email if possible?  "Possible" could mean different things,
> though:

This is already easy to do in emacs, and doesn't require any special
notmuch support:

(add-hook 'message-setup-hook mml-secure-message-encrypt-pgpmime)

This is the same as what I suggested for auto-sign.  You might have to
do a little elisp hacking to do fancier stuff, but again, doing
something for all outgoing mail is more about message-mode, and is not
notmuch specific.

jamie.