0.11 is frozen, please update NEWS

Pieter Praet pieter at praet.org
Thu Jan 12 09:03:08 PST 2012

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 15:55:43 -0400, David Bremner <david at tethera.net> wrote:

> Well, it's -19C outside, so guess that is appropriate.
>
> I have merged master to release in preparation for release. There should
> only be additions to NEWS or fixes for serious bugs for branch release
> until 0.11 is out the door.
>
> Speaking of NEWS, please have a look at the commits listed under your
> name, and if they impact user experience, then consider a patch for
> NEWS. As an experiment, I set up write access to branch "news" of
>
>       git at pivot.cs.unb.ca:pub/notmuch
>
> I used the ssh keys people sent me for nmbug; feel free to send me more
> (public) keys. The idea is it might be less painful to edit NEWS on that
> branch.  Of course, all the old methods are fine too.
>

> Aaron Ecay (3):
>       Ignore dynamic libraries on OS X.
>       Add an argument to notmuch-mua-mail
>       emacs: fix off-by-one bug in notmuch-show-archive
>
> Ali Polatel (2):
>       notmuch-deliver: Import from maildrop-2.5.5
>       notmuch-deliver: GPL-3+
>
> Austin Clements (2):
>       emacs: Don't record undo information for search or show buffers.
>       emacs: Avoid unnecessary markers.
>
> David Edmondson (1):
>       emacs: Add `notmuch-jump-to-recent-buffer'.
>
> Dmitry Kurochkin (31):
>       emacs: do not call notmuch show for non-inlinable parts
>       emacs: put the last search on top of recent searches in notmuch-hello
>
> Gregor Zattler (1):
>       emacs: make message indentation width customisable
>

> Ivy Foster (1):
>       emacs: Add notmuch-hello-mode-hook
>
> Jameson Graef Rollins (2):
>       emacs: breakout notmuch-show-advance functionality from notmuch-show-advance-and-archive
>       emacs: call notmuch-show instead of notmuch-search in buttonised id: links
>
> Jani Nikula (8):
>       emacs: Add new customization option to sort saved searches
>       emacs: Make saving new saved searches append, not prepend
>       cli: introduce the concept of user defined hooks
>       cli: add support for pre and post notmuch new hooks
>       emacs: support "notmuch new" as a notmuch-poll-script
>       emacs: Fix notmuch-hello-tag-list-make-query defcustom
>       emacs: Fix notmuch-mua-user-agent defcustom
>
> Justus Winter (2):
>       python: add classes to wrap all notmuch_*_t types
>       python: annotate all calls into libnotmuch with types
>
> Louis Rilling (2):
>       lib: Kill last usage of C++ type bool
>       tags_to_maildir_flags: Cleanup double assignement
>
> Patrick Totzke (3):
>       use __unicode__ for string representation
>       errors='ignore' when decode to unicode
>       fix format string in Message.__unicode__
>
> Sebastian Spaeth (2):
>       python: Return a STATUS value in tags_to_flags and flags_to_tags
>       python: Remove stray debug comment
>
> Thomas Jost (6):
>       python: use wrapped notmuch_*_t types instead of raw pointers
>       emacs: Add a face for crypto parts headers
>       Fix build with binutils-2.22
>       emacs: add notmuch-hello-refresh-hook
> [...]

Wow!  I'm absolutely blown away by the huge amount of *awesome* work
that has been going on here while I muted some lists for a little while!
(which in retrospect may not have been such a good idea, catching up is
proving to be a task of Herculean proportions...)

Major respect and thanks to *all* past and present contributors,
and extra props to David Bremner, whose dedication is truly exemplary,
and Carl Worth -of course- for starting it all !

Due to personal objections regarding the origin, intentions, execution
and repercussions of the concepts "Christmas", "New Year", et al.,
I won't be wishing any merry nor happy ${insert_preferred_holiday}s,
but instead wish you all a happy and prolific *Every*day, since each
and every one of them is worth celebrating !

Peace

--
Pieter