[alot] on Arch Linux

Mark Foxwell fastfret79 at archlinux.org.uk
Fri Dec 16 02:05:12 PST 2011

Quoting Patrick Totzke (2011-12-16 09:06:44)
>Regarding your bug reports: Can anybody else running Arch confirm the problems Philipp has?
>In particular that logging doesn't work and this issue:
>https://github.com/pazz/alot/issues/156 ?
>Because I don't know how to reproduce this and having no log makes debugging difficult..

I can confirm that I don't get any debug logging - have write perms and
space but no file created.

However, I don't get any error messages when exiting.

My slight difference is that I'm running parabola (completely libre arch
linux) so my python2 package comes from parabola rather than arch. I
will investigate what the differences are.

>I'm totally surprised by Arch not shipping a default mailcap at all..

A default arch installation doesn't contain X let alone any programs for
viewing images, pdf etc. So shipping a default mailcap would not make
any sense nor could ever be workable. Arch isn't really a distro for
people who want things to 'just work' but more for tinkerers and those
that know what they want and how to do it.

--
Mark