python-notmuch decoding error on a message

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Thu Nov 24 08:13:22 PST 2011

On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 23:15:54 +0100, Antoine Amarilli <antoine.amarilli at ens.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The attached message makes python-notmuch crash when trying to access it (see
> attached log).
>
> I don't know if the encoding of Subject is valid or not, but it would probably
> be better anyway to ignore decoding errors and return some approximation of
> Subject instead of failing like this.

I get a set of critical errors about forgetting to call g_type_init.

We actually call g_type_init in the CLI now, thanks to

   id:"1311625989-97755-1-git-send-email-aaronecay at gmail.com"

but it sounds like this probably needs to be called either in libnotmuch
or in the bindings.

For what it is worth this message decodes fine in the CLI