Winter is coming [upcoming release 0.10]

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Tue Nov 15 19:11:49 PST 2011

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 10:19:14 -0400, David Bremner <david at tethera.net> wrote:

> According to our sortof-schedule, we should release 0.10 soonish.  I'd
> like to freeze for a few days first, so that means we have time for
> maybe one or two more non-trivial patches before the freeze.

We are now frozen for 0.10 release. As is my habit, I tagged 0.10_rc1,
but didn't upload tarballs. I also upload 0.10~rc1 packages to Debian
experimental.

Being frozen means that pushes to master after the tag 0.10_rc1 won't
automatically be included in the release. Mainly this effects the
bindings and contrib maintainers.  Please send me email or catch me on
irc about anything urgent to include. And no, I don't mean all
outstanding patchs.

> - id:"1320846275-28520-1-git-send-email-amdragon at mit.edu" is a
>   candidate, but needs review

didn't make it, next round.

> - id:"8771bb7ee67586515ff5114747fd680005ccfc5a.1320615322.git.jani at nikula.org"
>   Needs a review of the cli part

made it.

> - id:"1320599856-24078-1-git-send-email-amdragon at mit.edu" is probably
>   not a candidate.

My various objections were overcome, and this made it.

As usual, we miss some NEWS items:

Ali Polatel:
    Some announcement for notmuch-deliver in contrib

Austin Clements:
      emacs: Use a single buffer invisibility spec to fix quadratic search cost.

Daniel Schoepe (2):
      emacs: Turn id:"<message-id>" elements into buttons for notmuch searches
      emacs: Tab completion for notmuch-search and notmuch-search-filter

David Bremner:
      contrib/nmbug: new script for sharing tags with a given prefix.
      - patch to follow.

Dmitry Kurochkin: ?
      emacs: add invisible space after the search widget field in notmuch-hello

Jameson Graef Rollins:
      emacs: add notmuch-show-worker function for specifying crypto processing directly

Michal Sojka:
      Do not query on notmuch-search exit

Pieter Praet (2):
      emacs: add keybind and function to stash Message-ID without prefix
      test: stashing in notmuch-{show,search}