set test prereqs (Emacs, GDB, GPG) v4

Pieter Praet pieter at praet.org
Wed Nov 2 10:21:34 PDT 2011

On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 22:20:25 +0200, Ali Polatel <polatel at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 08:49:10PM +0100, Pieter Praet wrote:
> >Rebased to current master.
> >
> >Previous version:
> >  id:"1307016220-17509-1-git-send-email-pieter at praet.org"

> >  id:"1317660447-27520-1-git-send-email-schnouki at schnouki.net"
> >

> Thanks for the nice work!
> I want to share one thing which came up to my mind during reading
> through them. Since we require bash for tests, we might go for using
> bash's builtin 'type -P foo' instead of 'which foo'. Not that it's
> important, just wondered "why not?"
>
> 		-alip

Good suggestion!

In fact, we might as well immediately go for full POSIX compliance.

How do you feel about using `hash' ?  Besides being available in POSIX
sh, it has the added benefit of making subsequent lookups faster [*].

Peace

--
Pieter

[*] This statement only applies to the shell built-in.  Other types of
    hash may distort your perception of time, which is likely to result
    in significantly slower lookups.