Displaying tags with many messages very slow in Emacs

bnt webservice at bontempi.net
Mon Oct 31 08:43:22 PDT 2011

On 2011, Oct 31, at 13:47 , James Vasile wrote:

> On August 20th, I sent a message to this list (Message-ID:
> <87vctrq4or.fsf at hackervisions.org>) that limits the view to a small
> number threads.  You can set the number of threads (or turn it off).  I
> did this because I never want to page through more than a screen or two
> of threads.  If I need more results, I filter my search or choose better
> search terms.  This speeds things up considerably on my (admittedly old)
> machine.
>
> When I posted the patch, Daniel Schoepe suggested a few improvements.  I
> didn't make those improvements, but I suppose I should.
>
> Best,
> James

Hi James,

Thank you for the pointer.

I saw that the two patches (yours, and the "Do not query on notmuch-search exit" one) are not in git yet:

http://git.notmuchmail.org/git/notmuch/history/HEAD:/emacs/notmuch.el

(The last commit according to that page was on 2011-06-23).

I am not too proficient with the patch utility. Is there some kind of scheduled git commits timeline?

If not, I guess it will be a good time to learn patching.

Thank you once again,

Sam