Displaying tags with many messages very slow in Emacs

James Vasile james at hackervisions.org
Mon Oct 31 05:47:04 PDT 2011

On August 20th, I sent a message to this list (Message-ID:
<87vctrq4or.fsf at hackervisions.org>) that limits the view to a small
number threads.  You can set the number of threads (or turn it off).  I
did this because I never want to page through more than a screen or two
of threads.  If I need more results, I filter my search or choose better
search terms.  This speeds things up considerably on my (admittedly old)
machine.

When I posted the patch, Daniel Schoepe suggested a few improvements.  I
didn't make those improvements, but I suppose I should.

Best,
James