Emacs: notmuch-show-mode failing to actually update tags

Erlend Simonsen mr at fudgie.org
Wed Oct 26 02:19:36 PDT 2011

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 11:17:15 +0300, Tomi Ollila <tomi.ollila at iki.fi> wrote:
> Try these from command line:
>
> notmuch search id:messageid

~ $ notmuch search id:yf6lis8np4k.fsf at taco2.nixu.fi
thread:0000000000030b25 26 mins. ago [1/4] Tomi Ollila| Erlend Simonsen, Jameson Graef Rollins; Emacs: notmuch-show-mode failing to actually update tags (notmuch replied sent signed to-me)

~ $ notmuch search 'id:"yf6lis8np4k.fsf at taco2.nixu.fi"'

> Note all the single and double quotes in second line.
>
> These should return the same output. If these does it might
> be that your emacs interface escapes the quotes for some reason.
> i.e. the execution from emacs is analogous to this command line:
>
> notmuch search 'id:\"messageid\"'

As they don't return the same output, where do I dig further to find the
problem?

-- Erlend