[python] set rpath in setup.cfg

Tomi Ollila tomi.ollila at iki.fi
Thu Oct 13 00:09:47 PDT 2011

On Thu 13 Oct 2011 09:34, Jameson Graef Rollins <jrollins at finestructure.net> writes:

> On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 08:12:03 +0200, dtk <dtk at gmx.de> wrote:
>> in my experience, it tends to cause awkward side effects that are hard to
>> debug, the main problem being that it overrides all default paths and is
>> hard to target at a single problematic application.
>
> I think it's fairly straightforward to prepend a library path to the ld
> library path without overriding all defaults with something like this
> (for bash):
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/new/ld/path:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

I also have local notmuch installations (3 of them); notmuch command
(among others)  are wrapped in a shell script which setups environment
variables like:

PATH=/path/to/iroot/bin:$PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/iroot/lib${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH}
export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH

and then

exec /path/to/iroot/bin/notmuch "$@"

I don't recall a situation when this have failed.

> jamie.

Tomi